Internal Refurbishment of Listed Church
The church dates back to 1887, is Grade II listed and within the Spalding Conservation Area. We have undertaken several projects within the church to address some major issues that needed to be addressed, including brickwork and stonework decay; deteriorating slate roof covering and failing leaded light windows. Together with these repairs, a complete refurbishment of the interior of the worship space has been carried out. The decision was made to remove the majority of the pews, replacing them with individual seats to provide a more flexibility worship space. A frameless glass folding/sliding door was installed between the worship space and the entrance foyer to create a light welcoming social space. New glass doors were installed to the main entrance to invite the community into the church. The next phase of works is to link the church building with the Sunday School.