Large Annex Extension
Construction on a large annex to the 1935 church building, providing a multifunction hall, meeting rooms and entrance foyer. The annexe was designed as a separate volume, in order not to detract from the strong Art Deco form of the existing church and to limit the loss of natural light into the existing church. The front elevation incorporates high level vertical strip windows echoing the strong sense of verticality clearly expressed on the façade of the existing church, with the foyer area incorporating areas of full height glazing which act as a ‘shop window’ for the church and speak to the community on what the church represents and has to offer. Large annex extension to provide a multi function Hall and new meeting rooms and entrance foyer.
Finalist – Best Commercial / Community Development
Peterborough Design and Construction Awards 2010
Finalist – Best Small Commercial Development
LABC East Anglia Building Excellence Awards 2010